Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Friday, April 19, 2013

Consultation

Yesterday I had my consultation at the chiropractor office I'm doing IP through. My consult was with the chiropractors wife who runs the IP program. Wednesday night I actually went to Mercycare in Marion, IA for their informational meeting. They were also running a special that if you signed up after the informational session, they would take 50% off the consult fee of $150. This sounded good to me. However, after the informational session I felt like River Valley Chiro in Cedar Rapids, IA was a better fit for me. RVC seems really family oriented and more personal. They also 'coach' you. Shelley, the chiropractors wife, sends out supportive emails and recipe ideas. This is what I need.

The consultation was exciting and depressing at the same time. At the first consultation you fill out some paperwork about your medical and diet history. After review they do a little explaining of how the diet works.They then take your weight, BMI, and determine your body age. This was the depressing part. I'm not sure exactly how it works but Shelley said my body age was 59 years old meaning my body is working as hard as a women at age 59. Eeek! Now if that isn't motivation to do this then I'm just a lost cause. After that, another women came in and did all my measurements - arms, chest, waist, hips, and thighs and then the fun part....I picked out food. The first couple weeks you don't get that much to choose from other then some shakes, soups, pudding, and a couple other items. Along with getting my first weeks food, I also got my vitamins that I will take daily, some sea salt, and my mixers that I will use to mix all the protein packets in.


This first consultation totaled $372.93. Weekly I will return to get weighed and pick out my weeks worth of food. The average cost for these visits will be around $90/week. Kinda pricey but probably only a small increase from what I'm spending on groceries now. 

Even though my consultation was Thursday, I chose my starting day to be Monday, April 22, 2013. I chose this thinking I would just devour every possible food I love. Ridiculous I know. I haven't done anything crazy yet however, I am trying to decide what my 'last supper' will be. To tell the truth, since I already weighed in, I don't want to stray too much from my starting weight.

Anyways, because I don't start until Monday, April 22nd, my first weigh in wont be until Monday, April 29, 2013.

Until next time....
~Andrea


No comments:

Post a Comment