Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

Thursday, April 25, 2013

RAWR!

RAWR!! This is how I've felt the last couple days! Come too close and I might bite cha! (Sorry Dad)

This diet is making me very irritable and I've had headaches off and on for the last 2 days. Today it is alot better. The headache is gone and I don't feel like biting anyone's head off. That's not part of the diet, right?


Anyways, I have a couple theories of why this could be happening....

  • Theory #1 - Caffeine withdrawals. Before starting IP I would sometimes drink up to 5 sodas a day. Saturday was my last soda meaning it's been 5 days. On the flip said, I've been drinking Mio Energy which has caffeine and it has been 5 days. 
  • Theory #2 - It was that time of the month. Usually I get a headache or migraine the day of or day before mother nature comes a knockin'. On the flip side, the headaches were on day 3 and 4 of my monthly visit and didn't seem like the headaches I'm used to. 
  • Theory #3 - Ketosis, which is due to the sudden drop of carbohydrates that forces the body to use the fat deposits which is the whole goal of Ideal Protein. On the flip side, from what I've read, this can take up to a week. And according to the other signs of ketosis, I don't feel like I have those...yet. 
Well whatever the cause may be, I'm glad the headache is gone today. Through my research, alot of people use Ketostix which is a way to test if you're in Ketosis. Apparently, you can pick these up at a pharmacy such as CVS, Walgreens, or Walmart. Maybe I'll give em a try.


Four more days until weigh in #1!
~Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment